Merry Christmas, Season’s Greetings and Happy New Year! It’s time for Stadium Fantasium’s 2nd Annual Rose Bowl Contest! This will be the 106th edition of “The Granddaddy of Them All”. In case you hadn’t heard, this game will feature Pac-12 Conference champion Oregon (11-2 overall, 8-1 in conference) vs. Big 10 Conference runner-up Wisconsin (10-3 overall, 7-2 in conference).
Similar to last year’s contest, there will be three winners (or more depending on ties) choosing from a prize pool of 16 lots.
Gold Contest: Leave a comment below with your prediction of which team will win the Rose Bowl and the margin of victory (without going over). Winner will receive their choice of three of the pictured prize lots!
Silver Contest: Leave a comment below with your prediction of which team will be leading at halftime and by how much (without going over). Winner will receive their choice of two of the pictured prize lots (after the Gold Contest winner has chosen).
Bronze Contest: Leave a comment below with your prediction of how many total points will be scored in this game (without going over). For example, if the final score is 50-49 then 99 total points were scored in this game. Winner will receive their choice of one pictured prize lot (after the Gold Contest winner and Silver Contest winner have chosen).
Feel free to enter all three contests. Entries may be in the following format:
Gold Contest: (School name) by #
Silver Contest: (School name) by #
Bronze Contest: # total points
You can even copy other entrants’ predictions without hurting their chances of winning. In the event of a tie, each tied winner will win. The earlier (tied) comment entry time stamp will get the earlier choice from the prize list.
Bonus Prize (pimp this contest)!
If you win one or more of the contests above AND pimp this contest in your blog before midnight Pacific time December 31st, then you win one additional pictured prize lot of your choice. Please leave a “pimp link” in the comments section. Bonus prize selection will take place after the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners have chosen their main contest prize lots.
Deadline to enter is 2:00 pm Pacific on January 1st.
The Prize List
- One vintage 1958 Topps #396 Dutch Dotterrer (Cincinnati Reds) and one sealed 3-card cello pack of 1991 Jimmy Dean with Rickey Henderson (Oakland A’s) showing on top
- One vintage 1966 Topps #128 Jim Landis (Cleveland Indians) and one sealed 18-card set of 1992 Score Proctor & Gamble All-Stars
- One vintage 1972 Topps #52 Harmon Killebrew In Action and one cello 3-card pack of 2009 Upper Deck First Edition (Tim Lincecum showing on top)
- One 2000 Royal Rookies Futures High Yield Autographs Colby Lewis #’d 1143/2500 and one 2019 Gypsy Queen Chrome boxtopper #4 Kyle Schwarber
- One 2005 Donruss Threads Century Proof Silver #5 Eddie Murray #’d 87/100 and one 2008 Topps Retail Relics TR-BG Brian Giles
- One 2008 Playoff Prime Cuts – Icons #36 “Shoeless” Joe Jackson #’s 1/25 and one 2019 Topps Chrome – Green Wave Refractor #185 Kyle Hendricks #’d 35/99
- One 2017 Topps High Tek Autographs HT-CC Carlos Carrasco and one retail pack 2007 Fleer
- One waxpack 1989 Pacific Legends II, one pack 1988 Topps Stickers and one sealed pack 2019 Topps Update Oversize 1984 boxtopper
- One pack 2019 Topps Finest and one rack pack 1989 Donruss (with Nolan Ryan showing)
- One 7-card stadium giveaway pack of 2018 Dodgers 60th Anniversary (1977 Topps design including Don Sutton) and two 2019 Union 76 Dodger pins
- One 2007 Topps Museum Collection Prime Pieces World Baseball Classic Prime Pieces WBCPR-DG Didi Gregorius and one waxpack 1989 Donruss All-Stars (Pop-up Puzzle & Cards)
- One vintage 1960 Topps #31 Cleveland Browns Team Card/Checklist and one sealed 9-card cello pack of 1993 Score Football cards (Troy Aikman showing on the front, Neil O’Donnell in back)
- One complete boxed set 1989 Topps Traded Football (132 cards) and one sealed 4-card cello promo pack containing a mix of 2005 Leaf Certified Material, Donruss Elite and Playoff
- One unopened) cello pack 2006 Donruss Frito Lay (appears to be three cards) and one pack 2007 Score
- One sealed promo pack 2009-10 Panini Adrenalyn XL (6 cards) and one sealed 2001-02 AT&T Upper Deck Los Angeles Clippers Team Set (9-card set)
- One sealed pack of 2008 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary and one pack 1992 Lime Rock Mad Magazine Series 1